Moving Day Checklist For an Easier Relocation
One of the busiest days of your life is about to arrive sooner than you think. Are you as prepared as you should be? Having a moving checklist will make your relocation so much easier. There are many things to consider when preparing for a move, and organizing these thoughts on a moving checklist will ensure that nothing is forgotten. At Allied, we already took care of the task for you by making a moving checklist for each aspect of your move.
- Make it safe and easy for your movers to get in and out of your house by removing:
- Potted plants and planters from front porch, walkways and driveways.
- All door and floor mats.
- All rugs. The crew will protect the floors with a specially designed floor covering that does not slip.
- Low hanging items such as wind chimes or hanging plants.
- Disconnect the spring on the screen door so that it stays open during the loading process.
- If you had the moving company pack for you, work with them to keep walkways clear for the driver and crew.
Point out special items
- During the walkthrough with the driver, point out items that are special to you. All your items will be handled professionally, but take a moment to show them which ones mean the most to you so they will be extra cautious.
- Point out the boxes you would like to have unloaded first. These boxes may include kitchen and bathroom items, your children's toys, or anything that you will need as soon as you arrive to your new home.
Before the driver leaves
- Make sure you understand all the paperwork you are signing before the driver departs. If there is something that is confusing to you, ask your driver to explain it before you sign.
- Provide the driver with your destination contact information so if something changes, you can easily be contacted. Take down any information the driver can provide such as his cell phone, pager and satellite tracking information.
- Ask the driver if your shipment is the last one he/she will be loading. Find out when the last shipment goes onto the trailer. This will give you an indication as to when they will be departing for your new home. Ask the driver about his/her plans for delivering your items.
Our moving day checklist is here so you can better prepare for your actual moving day. The small details and things you can do in preparation for your movers will make a big difference when it comes time to move. Something as simple as Allied's moving day checklist makes what can be a complicated process much easier.