Raleigh Movers since 1928
About Our Agents
At Allied Van Lines, we're ready and available to facilitate your move in Raleigh, NC. Our local agent, who has served the area for more than 20 years, has been awarded a customer quality rating of 4.85 out of 5 stars. For your peace of mind, our agent
is licensed, bonded, and accredited by the BBB. Whether you're planning a corporate relocation into the Research Triangle Park area or purchasing a new home within walking distance of Hillsborough Street, we can help you experience a seamless move.
When you book your move with us, you'll be able to work directly with our highly trained and skilled agent to develop a customized moving plan that is right for you. We can connect you with short- and long-term storage options in the event
that your new property is not ready for you on moving day. If necessary, we can even find movers who will transport your vehicle. Contact our agent in Raleigh today to arrange for a free estimate.
When deciding on moving companies in Raleigh,
clients do not have to worry about receiving quality service from Allied Van Lines’ team of agents and affiliated movers. We ensure that our team consists of a qualified staff who remains dedicated to providing efficient services to you. Our
representatives are available on a 24-hour basis to ensure client satisfaction with every move. With our many years of experience in the industry, we understand the conflicts that can come with relocating. However, you can count on us to have your
best interests in mind.
If you’re in the process of evaluating movers, call our office and see how our services outshine the rest.
What a Move to Raleigh Has to Offer
The city was established in the central region of the state. Raleigh earned the nickname “city of Oaks” for the many beautiful mature trees that line the community streets. The metropolis has a subtropical humid climate that offers four distinct
and separate seasons. This particular climate means that local residents enjoy mild weather all year long.
Raleigh has an estimated population of 431,746 residents. More than one-fourth of the community's households have children attending
one of the numerous schools located throughout the city. Local facilities include North Carolina State University and the Wake Technical Community College.
The city's economy is based on a wide range of industries. Major employers include
the State of North Carolina, the Wake County Public School System, the North Carolina State University, the WakeMed and Rex Hospital. Four Interstate highways, five U.S. highways and three state highways make commuting or traveling in and out of Raleigh
a quick experience. In terms of public transportation, the city is serviced by bus and rail systems in addition to having an international airport.
The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, the Videri Chocolate Factory, the North
Carolina Museum of Art and the North Carolina Executive Mansion are some of the city's top attractions. The Jordan Lake State Recreation Area provides outdoor enthusiasts with a scenic environment to enjoy activities by land or water. Sports fans
have the chance to attend college or professional baseball, basketball, hockey, football or soccer games.
The Allied Van Lines Difference
When you choose Allied Van Lines as your Raleigh moving company, you’ll receive quality service from a respected and world-renowned company. The knowledge that we have gained over the years helps us better tailor our moving solutions to fit your
needs. We move hundreds of families and businesses every day, and we are also familiar with the Raleigh area. Let us put our knowledge and experience to work for you. The advantages of working with us include:
- No-cost home or business estimates
- Customized moving services
- Dependable pickup and delivery times
- Full-service packing
We look forward to helping you with your Raleigh move. Call us, and start the planning process today.
Tips for Moving to Raleigh
- Research Neighborhoods: Before moving, spend time researching the different neighborhoods in Raleigh. Each area has its own character and amenities. Consider factors like proximity to work, schools, safety, and local amenities. Popular neighborhoods
include North Raleigh for its family-friendly atmosphere and the Warehouse District for those seeking an artsy, urban vibe.
- Plan Your Move with a Reputable Moving Company: Contact a reliable moving company like Allied Van Lines well in advance. They can assist with logistics, packing, and transportation, making your move smoother. Get quotes from multiple companies
and check reviews to ensure you choose the best service for your needs.
- Understand the Job Market: The Research Triangle area, which includes Raleigh, is known for its robust job market in sectors like technology, healthcare, and education. If you haven't secured employment yet, start your job search early, focusing
on industries prevalent in the area.
- Engage with Raleigh's Rich Culture and Community: Once in Raleigh, immerse yourself in its diverse culture. Enjoy the local cuisine, participate in festivals, and visit museums and galleries. This will help you connect with the community and
feel at home more quickly.
- Consider Transportation and Commute: Raleigh is somewhat car-dependent, so consider your commute when choosing a place to live. Traffic can be heavy during peak hours, so living near your workplace or exploring carpool options can save time
By focusing on these areas, you can ensure a more organized and enjoyable move to Raleigh.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do movers cost in Raleigh?
The cost of movers in Raleigh, North Carolina, can vary greatly depending on the size and scope of your move. The distance being moved, the number of items being moved, and the type of services requested will all impact your final total. Your best bet
is to request an instant quote.
What is the best day and time of year to hire movers in Raleigh?
If you're looking to hire movers in Raleigh, the ideal time of year to do so is during the fall or early spring. The weather during these seasons is generally mild and less likely to disrupt your move than in the summer months when thunderstorms and heat
waves can cause delays. Additionally, there are usually fewer people moving during this time of year, so you'll have a better chance of finding movers that can accommodate your needs.