Allied.com Military Scholarship Competition 2018
At Allied Van Lines, we believe that educational advancement is paramount in improving the lives of individuals from all walks of life—from young adults recently graduating from high school, to career adults seeking continued education for the improvement of their portfolio, a quality education is always the first and most important step in raising the bar for one’s life in many more ways than one.
Due largely to this belief, we are excited to kick start the opportunity of offering our first ever Military Logistics/Supply Chain Management/Operational Management Scholarship, available to all those current or former active duty military and their dependents who qualify. Upon the contest’s close date, two lucky winners will be selected to be the recipients of an award totaling $1,000 each. Read the guidelines below for additional information on entry requirements, the award process, and more.
- 2 individual scholarships will be awarded.
- Individual scholarship award amount of $1,000 per winner. Total scholarship awards: $2,000
- Award amount will be made out to the winner’s school in the form of a check, and mailed to the winner’s personal address.
Submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in logistics/supply chain management is your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing sincere firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal. We want to know why you truly believe in logistics as the best career path for you!
- Complete all required sections of our application form below.
- Be sure to attach the following documents to your application form:
- Copy of your most recent transcripts.
- Some verification of enrollment at your college.
- Your Essay.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their DD214 (member 4) or a signed letter from Command certifying active duty status.
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within the United States for completion of undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
- Applicants must be one of the following below:
- An honorably discharged veteran or current member of the active military (including National Guard and Reserves).
- A spouse of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran.
- A child (under age 21 or full-time student under age 23) of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees, professional affiliates, and agents of Allied Van Lines (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship, including following.
- It does not exceed your expenses;
- It is not designated or earmarked for other purposes (such as room and board), and does not require (by its terms) that it cannot be used for qualified education expense; and
- It does not represent payment for teaching, research, or other services required as a condition for receiving the scholarship.
- You must be a Candidate for a Degree. You are a Candidate for a Degree if
- Attend a primary or secondary school or are pursuing a degree at a college or university, or
- Attend an educational institution that:
- Provides a program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor's or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation; and
- Is authorized under federal or state law to provide such a program and is accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation agency
- Eligible educational institution. An eligible educational institution is one whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities. /li>
- Qualified education expenses. For purposes of tax-free scholarships and fellowship grants, these are expenses for:
- Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution; and
- Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution. These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.
- Qualified education expenses do not include the cost of:
- Room and board,Travel, Research, Clerical help, or Equipment and other expenses that are not required for enrollment in or attendance at an eligible educational institution
- Winners will be notified via email, and on our official Logistics Scholarship homepage at (Allied.com/scholarship/military-logistics).
- Recipients must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax benefits of the scholarship
DISCLAIMER: Sirva, Inc. and any related subsidiaries will not re-use, forward, or share the personal information of applicants in any way—all information submitted through the form available on this page or any alternative forms of entry are to be kept strictly confidential and used solely for the purpose of determining a winner.