Three Uses of Cellophane for Your Next Move
If you’ve ever moved to a new home, you’re familiar with the basic moving supplies and their uses. Boxes and crates, for example, come in a variety of sizes and shapes, depending on what you’re packing. Tape is used to seal the boxes, and colored tape can be used in a color-coded system to label the boxes. Bubble wrap and newsprint are great ways to protect items inside the boxes. But have you ever considered using cellophane for your move?
Cellophane is a self-clinging wrap that doesn’t stick to anything but itself, so no extra adhesives are necessary when using it. Other benefits of cellophane include the following:
- It leaves behind no sticky residue or damage once removed.
- It comes in a variety of sizes.
- It can be purchased on an easy-to-use dispenser.
- It form-fits to an item once stretched.
During your next move, try using cellophane in the following three ways:
- Furniture with drawers. Moving dressers or nightstands can be tricky – you either have to remove the drawers first or find some way for the drawers to stay put. The latter option is much less work, but using tape can damage the wood’s finish or paint. That’s why cellophane is the perfect solution. Wrap the furniture from top to bottom, securing the drawers in place.
- Fragile items. Instead of using bubble wrap and having to keep tape on hand, try cellophane when packing fragile items within a box. It’ll speed up the process by several seconds per item – and that can add up over time! In addition, wrap it around televisions and computer monitors to keep them safe from shattering.
- Fish tanks. It can be terribly difficult to move fish from one location to another. But if you’re determined to do it – and your fish tank is five gallons or less – you can keep the entire aquarium intact instead of disassembling the whole thing. Place cellophane over the top to keep water from sloshing out, then place the container inside a Styrofoam container to keep the glass from breaking.
To purchase cellophane and other moving supplies for your next move, contact Allied Van Lines today.