Packing Tips: Home Office / Den
We have the home office packing
tips to assist you in your next relocation. Packing a home office can be tricky,
especially when sensitive documents, electronics and computers are involved. It's
imperative to properly pack your home office so that none of your files or documents
are misplaced during the move.
Allied's home office packing tips break down your office by section, then provide
guidelines on how to best pack them. From books to office furniture, Allied offers
you our expertise in packing offices. Our home office packing tips come from more
than 94 years experience in the moving business.
Allied's Packing Tips for the Home Office
Your home office will likely contain your important paperwork and legal papers.
Set these aside beforehand and plan to take them with you. Computer equipment and
other valuables that exceed $100 per pound will need to be listed on your "High
Value Inventory" form to receive proper valuation coverage.
- Personal Computer, Printer, Scanner or Other Equipment
- Disconnect and mark all wires and cables for easy assembly
- Detach paper holders/feeders from printers and wrap monitors and additional hardware
as you would other home electronics
- Remove toner and ink cartridges
- Back up all of your computer files on DVDs or other file storage disks/devices
- Consult your PC user manual for additional instructions and precautions
- Pack books of the same general size together, in small book cartons.
- Pack them either flat or with the spine touching the bottom of the carton. Do not
pack with spine facing upward, as glue can break away from the binder.
- Expensively bound volumes of those of sentimental value should be individually wrapped
Any modular office furniture will need to be dismantled prior to move day. Use tape
to mark where pieces go together and keep the hardware together (including drawer
pulls) in one spot, like a plastic bag or coffee can.
Best Packing Tips for the Home Office
Our home office packing tips will provide you the guidance you need when it comes
time to box all of your important belongings. And if done correctly, your home office
items should arrive in the same condition they left. These home office packing tips
will ensure that when it's time to unpack, everything can be neatly implemented
into your new space.