Furniture is not designed to be moved! Whilst Allied takes all the necessary precautions to protect your possessions, there are many outside forces beyond our control that need to be considered when moving such as weather, accidents, vibration, shock, pressure, movement and atmospheric changes.

After your goods are packed, they may pass into the hands of other organisations including rail and shipping companies, airlines, handling agents and customs and quarantine officials (when moving overseas). It is for these reasons that we strongly recommend that you consider transit insurance for your relocation.

To ensure your peace of mind against unforeseen circumstances, we have developed a comprehensive Transit Insurance Cover that is available to you to minimise the risk and exposure you can be subject to in the unfortunate event of an accident or major incident occurring.

Our Own Licence

Allied is the only household moving company in Australia to have its own Financial Services Licence*. This allows us the flexibility to offer our customers cover for your effects to their full replacement value (new for old) when moving within or outside Australia.

Allied Transit Insurance also offers a range of flexible options including:

  • Pairs and sets insurance
  • Mechanical and electrical derangement insurance
  • Packing and moving insurance
  • Mould and mildew insurance
  • Motor vehicle insurance
  • Packed by owner insurance^
  • Storage Insurance

This means you can choose the level of insurance cover that best suits your individual circumstances.

* Financial Services Licence # 294595 is registered under the name of SIRVA Pty Ltd trading as Allied.

Please read and consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before you make any decisions about this product.

^ This is not available for selected overseas destinations due to local laws, regulations and customs requirements.